Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The New and Improved BLAVERRY Upton Dress

I finally get to share one of my BLAVERRY tests, and I am so excited! I had the chance to test the Upton redo last month, and my little girl wears it all the time! I've now tested three different BLAVERRY patterns, and I really love them. BLAVERRY patterns are very trendy, and at the same time, perfect for girls to wear and have fun in.

This pattern comes in multiple sleeve length options, and it's a wonderful dress pattern! The pattern comes with the option to print in layers, and is very quick and easy to put together. The pattern comes in sizes 2-16, covering toddlers, little girls, and tweens.

I tested the short sleeve option, but there are also half- and long-sleeve options. The pieces assemble very easily and I hardly had any trouble with it. My main trouble? Yep, it came from using a twin needle! I'm certainly getting a lot better, but my neckline had some issues because of the neckline. But it's certainly better than my first attempt.

What's my favorite part of this dress? The hidden pop of color on the back of the dress! Check it out! The neckline did get a little bulky in the back from the pleat on the back of the dress, but it's worth it.

The back of my dress ended up longer than the front of the dress, but I think it was all fabric and user error. The turquoise fabric I used was a knit I purchased at a yard sale and is very very stretchy. I really think it stretched every which way imaginable. But my little girl loves it the way it is so I left it.


My girl is so not a girly girl! She loves dresses and skirts, but also loves to jump and play. She's our little rough and tumble girl. Since the dress front comes right above her knees, she wears this dress with pants as a tunic, but it works. Especially since she's grown since testing time. This next picture shows another reason this little girl will be wearing pants with her dress... :)

The pattern also comes with an easy way to extend the dress out to the right length for your girl's height. The designer has done a great job of making it easy for everyone to make the perfect dress. Since testing was completed, the designer went through the pattern and made updates to the neckline and some pattern pieces, to make sure the dress fits all the specified measurements. I haven't had a chance to make a new one since the updated pattern was sent out, but I can't wait to make another one with all the adjustments.

Make sure you go check out Blaverry designs on the website. And if you're a little like me, and gun shy about pattern cost, give the Zozo dress a try first. The Zozo is $1 and a great price to try a designer you've never tried before. The three patterns I've tested are fantastic, and I plan on buying many of these patterns.

I can't remember where all the fabric is from, but the summer/ice cream fabric is definitely from Purpleseamstress Fabric and can be found on facebook. She always has wonderful quality knits, a huge selection, and incredibly fast shipping. I love all my fabrics from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment