Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Peek-a-Boo's Lullaby Gown

I've been busy these last couple weeks transitioning leadership roles in cub scouts, so I've been a little overwhelmed. But...I still managed to sew my items to reach my goal. I just didn't get them posted on time! :)

I have had the Lullaby Gown pattern from Peek-a-Boo Patterns since I found out I was pregnant with twins, and they're 2 now. Yes, I had every intention of making some adorable ones for my littles while they were they cooking...but it never happened! So I finally made 2 gowns for my friend's baby shower, and I love them! I never bought the hat pattern, and right now we're tight on funds so my gowns are hat less! Oh well, I really never use hats very often anyway.

So this may not be the best picture, but it's all I got before I packaged them up for my friend. Since I don't have infants myself, I can't try them on a beautiful model! And our dolls are well...let's just say they remind me of Sid's toys from the movie Toy Story.

Anyway, on to business! I made these in the 6 month size. The designer recommends making the 3 month size for gifts I believe, but I know my friend has larger babies, so I went big!

My first try was the train fabric. I was going along, following all the instructions, and wondering why so many people had trouble with it the first time because everything was going so well...or so I thought! Everything really did go together really well and easily...my only problem - I missed the very important step telling me to put the cuffs on the back of the gown when attaching the sleeves to the bodice. Yep, that's right! The cuffs are on backwards. So I decided to make another one, but I'm still giving her both and she can choose if she wants to use the backwards one. 

The pattern is very easy to follow and all the pieces fit great! I had no problem with the pattern, as long as I read ALL the steps. The elastic is super easy to attach at the bottom and I loved how these turned out. It calls for 1/2" knit elastic, but those are the only extras you need. This PDF pattern does not have a layering feature, but it's very easy to assemble.

This pattern is for infants through 6 month sizes, and the designer has an entire line of infant products, which I'm sure are just as easy to make! Please check out her website here, her etsy shop here, or facebook here. The designer also sells fabric now as well, so you can find fabric from her as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment