Wednesday, August 24, 2016

BLAVERRY and P4P Projects in the Works!

So I don't have anything to officially post, but I've been busy! I tested 2 patterns for BLAVERRY patterns, but can't share anything until they are officially updated and released. This company has some very trendy patterns, perfect for small and tween girls! I can't wait to share my test projects with you! The designer is currently improving some existing patterns, as well as coming out with new patterns as well. I can tell you...because of testing for BLAVERRY, I've learned how to use a twin needle, although I'm still working out the kinks of it! They are finicky things aren't they? Normally, I just use a zig zag stitch when sewing with knits, but I wanted to follow the patterns to a "T," and boy did I learn a lot about that needle. Now hoping the walking foot makes it a little easier.

In the meantime, go check out their site to see their amazing and wide range of girls' patterns. If you're new to BLAVERRY, the ZOZO Dress is one of their very simple and currently inexpensive patterns to get your feet wet and give these patterns a try! I can honestly say I haven't made this dress because it's not a staple we would wear in our home, but it's a great place to start and check out the designer's style!

What else can I tell you? Oh! I got bronchitis, but thanks to my Prednisone medicine, I'm completely wired and starting to breathe better again. That medicine sure messes up my sleep habits! But I definitely owe a lot to the steroid, because tonight I finished my P4P Pencil Skirt I started last week! As soon as I get pictures, I'll post them on a separate post. I purposely made my first one out of crummy knit material (imagine the worst case rayon to use), because I was so afraid of making anything for my lower half! But I did it, and now feel more confident making one out of great fabric!




No comments:

Post a Comment